With over 50 years experience writing workers compensation coverage we have developed disciplined claims processes and procedures customized to the distinct needs of our customers in the specialized industries we serve.
Our dedicated claims professionals have the expertise to effectively manage the timely investigation, assessment, and appropriate resolution of claims.
Our specifically qualified and selected network of claims professionals are geographically positioned to meet your service needs.
We emphasize communication and customer contact in the claims process to foster informed and timely decision making and to build on trust so critical to the insured/insurer relationship.
We strive to be proactive in our practices rather than reactive. We believe claims should be a managed process, from effective treatment of employee injuries to rehabilitation, long-term care, and return-to-work programs.
We offer the following services as part of our claims commitment:
Close and frequent communication with the employer during the life of the claim:
- Claims examiner(s) dedicated to your program
- Toll-free telephone number
- Orientation and education of the claims process
- Development of panel physicians based on geographic location
- Statistical reporting
- Ability to formalize light-duty programs
- Loss control consultation
- Loss development and trends analyses
- Periodic file reviews and audits
- Reserving appropriate for the severity of the loss
Detailed investigation of incidents:
- Prompt contact with employer and employee following notification of a loss
- Prompt contact with the treating physician to establish treatment protocol and anticipated return-to-work date
- Central indexing of all losses
- Activity checks
- Network of specialized legal firms
- Negotiated rates and servicing protocols
- Legal audit services
- Pursuit of subrogation
Medical cost containment and medical management programs:
- Review for causation and reasonable necessity
- Application of appropriate statutory fee schedules, and reasonable and customary rates
- Preferred provider organizations (PPO) with negotiated discounts
- Utilization and peer review
- Statutory hospital pre-certification
- Statutory electronic reporting to governmental agencies
- Review of continued care programs
- Case management nurses
- Vocational rehabilitation and alternative employment programs
- Occupational disease claims specialists
- State occupational disease claims
- Federal black lung claims
- Sickness & accident claims specialists
- Auto and general liability claims specialists
- Third-party administrator (TPA) services for self-insured accounts
- Monitor performance of independent claims service contractors
- Offers customized claims handling arrangements to meet specific needs
Old Republic Insurance Company has a reputation of superior service and responsiveness to the needs of our customers.
We are claims professionals who know your business.
Old Republic is claims service with the personal touch.